May 19, 2010

Killed Microsoft Campaign

These were for posters and ads mainly to be used for a international Microsoft anti-piracy campaign, mainly in China and Russia. The ad agency thought my textures would appeal to that audience (basically potential chinese and russian illegal software purchasers) Don't know if I should be proud of that though.

Well apparently it didn't appeal to them, because it got killed in the end.

Or perhaps someone at Microsoft read Chris Anderson's book "Free: The Future of a Radical Price"
where he argues that piracy is free publicity and enough pirates eventually become customers to make it a net positive.

Here's a link to the book, but don't buy it, just snag a pirated version somewhere, I'm sure the author won't mind ; )

Some alternate compositions.

And the color options I sent them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad Alex, they didn't like Seinfeld either. (I hope you got your 10M$ up front).