May 6, 2010

Epigenetics

I love illustrating articles about food and exercise, so I was excited to take this job from Paul Gonzales for a Los Angeles Times Health Cover.

Story was on epigenetics, basically you can influence your DNA by diet and exercise.
I favored the woman tying her running shoes, but Paul had better vision and choose the jump roper, which turned out much better in the end, thanks Paul!



In the rough I had the typical overused skinny sports bra model, but I felt a more plump figure would be more look more interesting. And somehow from the tight sketch to the finish, she unintentionally turned out looking slightly like Oprah.

2 comments:

Daniel Hertzberg said...

My God those sketches are brilliant. Love the shoe one too.

pete ryan said...

very good ideas here Alex!